Monday, August 8, 2011

The Maiden Voyage

Alright, so this is my first ever blog post! I'm quite sure for some time I will be talking mainly into nothingness, but everyone has to start somewhere. Welcome to Odin's Eye, what I hope will become a prominent source of Vikings news for Vikes fans everywhere. A little about myself: right around the time I got old enough to really process what was going on in sports I became a Vikings fan. I was in 4th grade, and it was Randy Moss' rookie year. Watching "The Freak" explode onto the scene and the Vikes break all sorts of offensive records that season is what truly got me hooked on the 'Queens, and I've been a fan ever since. After two of my favorite and most comprehensive Vikings blogs have slowed considerably (Grant's Tomb and Pacifist Viking), I figured I read and talk about this team enough that I might as well put it on wax, so to speak. An interesting part of my blog, I think, is that the name is actually the idea of a current Vikings player. Chris "Warcraft" Kluwe himself gave me the idea for it over Twitter and I couldn't turn down the prestige that it gives the blog. That, and I am simply not all that clever with titles. Anyway, I plan on throwing some real Vikings-related material on here soon. 'Til then, Skol!

No comments:

Post a Comment